Wednesday 11 January 2012

Funky Baby Booties



I've been doing crochet properly for about a year and a half now (I say properly because I actually did it a little as a teenager, but only granny squares...actually that probably deserves another post, the story of how I got involved in crochet now, anyway, I digress...) and a lot of people seem to start off on things like booties.  I've not really had any desire to do them before, but needed to make up a quick baby shower present and after a bit of googling looking for inspiration I came up with these.

And I love them!  If I do say so myself.... They came together fairly easily and don't look like your grandmother's crochet, if you know what I mean :)  It's hard to tell the size here, but they're sized for 0-3 months.  Would be pretty easy to make them bigger though, and also the straps can unbutton to pull a bit tighter if you have a teeny skinny little bub.

I've already had a request to make another pair :)

No comments:

Post a Comment