Friday 20 January 2012

Rainbow Unicorn

This is from a book I got from the library: Amigurumi Toy Box by Ana Paula Rimoli




As soon as I saw this unicorn I knew I had to give it a go!  And I actually followed the pattern... well, mostly!!  (You can buy the pattern here) I found the body to be quite small, so after making all the parts I decided the rip the body back to the increasing section and do one more increasing row.  That tweaked it enough to be just what I wanted.  The other slight change was just a minor one for the mane.  I hate the sewing parts of making things, just takes too long for my liking.  So instead of making each chain and then sewing it on, I made a chain of 8 in white and then started each chain of coloured hair in one of the chain loops, doubling up as I went along.  Then I had a sort of hair piece at the end to just sew onto the head.  I also did the horn in pink (instead of yellow) 'cos I felt it matched better.  And picked my own colours and order of them for the mane.  Oh, and made each nostril with one round of 6sc instead of just cut out felt.  Sounds like a lot of tinkering with the original pattern, but it really wasn't much this time.

This little cutie will be winging it's way to my niece very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment